The relationship between PIA and its customers is the most important asset in its business. PIA strives to maintain its clients’ trust and confidence by protecting confidential client information (including former clients) to the best of our ability. PIA is committed to protecting our client’s (and former client’s) privacy and will not disclose personal information to anyone unless it is required by law, by the client’s direction, or is permitted by law and is necessary to provide clients with advisory services. PIA has not and will not sell personal information to any third party.
Personal Information PIA Collects and Communicates
The primary reason PIA collects and maintains personal information is to service our clients and administer the customer relationship. The types and categories of information PIA collects about our clients may include the following:
- Information received on applications and/or other documents to provide investment advice, including the client’s name, home address, social security number, email address and telephone number;
- Information about client’s net worth;
- Information that PIA may receive from third-‐parties
In order for PIA to administer client accounts, we may disclose this personal information that we collect as permitted by law, to service client accounts. Examples include providing account information to companies that perform administrative services, such as printing and mailing client invoices or company newsletters. These companies must use this information solely for the services for which PIA hired them and are not permitted to use, reuse or share this information for any other purpose. PIA does not provide personal client information to affiliates for marketing purposes.
How PIA Protects Personal Information
To fulfill its privacy commitment, PIA has instituted practices to safeguard the information maintained about our clients. These include:
- Maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with government requirements to keep personal information safe;
- Limiting access to personal information to PIA personnel who need it;
- Proper destruction and disposal of client documents;
- Taking the appropriate steps to ensure that third-‐parties who perform services for PIA agree to keep company and/or personal information secure and confidential; and